|Name of Creator:
||Cleveland, Laurence Fuller, 1905-1989.
||Laurence F. Cleveland
||.15 cubic feet (1 half manuscript box)
|Scope and Content Note:
||The Laurence F. Cleveland papers contain a laboratory manual authored
by Prof. Cleveland for an electrical engineering course he taught
at Northeastern's Lincoln Institute. The manual contains information
about feedback control devices, polyphase power rectifiers, and other
industrial electronic devices.
||Laurence Fuller Cleveland was born May 6,
1905. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Worcester Polytechnic
Institute, and later earned a Master of Science degree from Massachusetts
Institute of Technology. Cleveland taught electrical engineering at
Northeastern from 1929 - 1973. He began as a drawing instructor,
and, after a 44 year career, retired as a tenured professor from the
Department of Electrical Engineering. In addition to his teaching
duties, Cleveland acted as Chapel Choir Director and organist at the
university's Bacon Chapel. In 1940, Cleveland constructed an electronic
organ for the chapel, which was played until the construction of the
Student Center in 1947. In 1966, he was presented with a plaque recognizing
his 30 years as choir founder, director, and organist. In 1970, the
Cleveland Laboratory for Power Engineering was named in honor of Prof.
|Language and Scripts:
||The materials are in English.
|System of Arrangement:
||The materials are arranged in one series.
|Subjects and Contributors:
- Cleveland, Laurence Fuller, 1905-1989
- Northeastern University (Boston, Mass.)
- Engineering sciences. Electrical engineering
|Conditions Governing Access:
||The collection is unrestricted.
|Conditions Governing Reproduction and Use:
||Copyright restrictions may apply.
||Finding aid prepared by Cynthia Rufo, June 22, 2009